Self-Service Payslips -
Online Pay Slips
The People Inc. Employee Self Service module provides a full range of benefits to both the organisation and the employee. This includes features that enable an individual to view their holiday bookings and see at a glance how many days they have left to take, update their contact details and view company documents. Providing individuals with ESS access dramatically reduces the number of calls to HR or payroll.
We have developed a People Inc. plug-in that takes a batch of payslips (usually in PDF format) and attaches them to individual employee records employees can them view their payslips via a web browser using their ESS login. The plug-in makes it quick and easy to process a monthly batch of payslips.
Attach Pay Slips plug-in
Attach Pay Slips Plug-in
This plug-in can be used to attach P35 and P45 documents to a bespoke child screen of the ‘Employees’ main screen. The plug-in will derive the details of the document from the name given to it, and then it will automatically process each document, finding the employee it relates to, as well as the year and period for which it is relevant and add them to their respective employee records on this new screen, adding records where needed, doing this all seamlessly, saving the user time
Benefits of Online Pay Slips
- The Employee Self Service can provide a direct cost saving, especially when paired with this plug-in. With pay slips available via the ESS, it is no longer necessary to print or post them to individuals each month. Providing printed pay slips typically costs between £1.35 and £2.25 each. For an organisation with 200 employees, providing paper-pay slips might therefore cost more than £5000 each year.
- Utilising the ESS enables employees to notify payroll when important information such as their home address or bank account change. In addition add-on tools are available for the People Inc. ESS to enable employees to submit timesheets and file expense claims.
- By having pay slips available online, instead of a physical copy, this removes the possibility of losing it, the pay slip being handed to the wrong person, it being damaged or lost in the mail etc. It also locks the pay slip behind a username and password, allowing for authentication that this person is allowed to see this record for example.
- These pay slips are stored in a central location, in the People Inc. Database, attached to employee records, meaning that HR always know where each pay slip is, maintaining good organisation.
- As the documents are attached to a separate (linked) screen to the employees, if need be, admin can block access to the child screen on a user by user level. This keeps access secure and limited to only those who need it. ESS users are automatically filtered such that only their records attached document is shown.
How to get the Attach Pay Slips Plug-in
This plug-in is not available as an open download on our resources page like many other wizards and plug-ins. Instead, the user would need to contact the People Inc. Help desk (on 01908 265111 or email@example.com) as there will need to be some level of consultancy as part of installation due to the way this plugin must cooperate with the payroll software.