Report Browser plug-in -
Reports are the simple and easy way to get information out of the People Inc. system. They can then form the basis of an organisation's regular HR reporting, or be used in handouts, emails, or presentations. The People Inc. system includes a library of over 200 report templates together with a powerful report writer (that enables users to edit reports or write their own). In addition to the standard library of reports, report templates can be downloaded from the Resources area of our website and used within People Inc.
The Report Browser plug-in enables users to browse the report templates held on-line, select reports that would like to use, then downloads and install them at the click of a mouse. Reports are listed by category, and a description and preview of each report is shown when it is selected. Reports that have been added most recently are hilighted so that users do not need to search through the library each time they use the plug-in.
The plug-in provides the user a number of benefits:
- It expands on the already present number of reports in the system (around 200 standard report templates are provided with the People Inc system).
- The browser enables the user to download and automatically install the report templates, with the press of a single button
- As new reports are created, they will be added to the online library and will therefore be available instantly to all users
- The report browser allows users to see an example of what the report looks like when it is use
- The plug-in saves time. Instead of having to download a zip file, extract it etc. all the user needs to do is choose a location to save it and click download.
The new plug-in compliments the functionality provided by the existing People Inc reports functionality.
The Report Browser plug-in provides the following features:
- The plug-in works within People Inc. Meaning the user can control who has access to it using the access profiles in the system.
- The user can browse through the online report library category by category. A description and image of the report are shown (using some sample data). This gives the user an idea for how it will look when they add it to their system.
- The reports can be downloaded directly into People Inc. The user can choose where it is saved and the plug-in will automatically add the report.
Getting a copy of the plug-in
The new Report Browser plug-in is available as a download, free of charge to all People Inc. users. Note that to download a copy, a log-in for the Client Resources area of our website is required. To visit this area of our website and download a copy of this plug-in visit link